Interim Logistics Manager Ref: PHS9070
Leading Discount Sports and Leisure Mail Order Company
Operations Director/Managing Director, responsible for a total staff of 160+ (consisting of 100 core and 60 temp); with 5 supervisors reporting direct (9 team leaders)
- Project/Position Aim
Overall responsibility for day to day planning of tasks/priorities and resources within logistics and monitoring progress daily accordingly in conjunction with Operations Director, Managing Director and Personnel Manager, with a view to -
- Re-affirming/proposing amendments to planned supervisory/reporting structures, and shift pattern change for logistics going forward, to best utilise business assets and achieve service levels with maximum efficiency/minimum cost.
- To implement changes to logistics culture and structure which will deliver planned business growth over the next few years.
The project will need to cover in detail:
- Current Handling of Stock
Review how we book stock into the system how/where/why we store it, pick, pack and despatch, and also catalogue changeovers:
- reducing stock movements
- reducing stock losses
- reduce cost of handling stock
- implement efficiencies into the main business to offer 24hr despatch service to the customer KPI's etc.
- Review of Current Logistics Team and Structure
Review of current management team, as individuals and current management structure and propose any changes in structure to achieve project aims:
- Warehouse and stock control strengths and weaknesses of each department and individual
- Their potential to develop or not
- Propose recommendations for the future management structure/reporting/communication
- Proposal for the future management development - training etc.
- Review shift patterns, efficient use of all of the warehousing between 7am - 10pm
- Building and Equipment
- Review storage/equipment used
- FLT's etc.
- Review of warehousing in use at present
- Essential Qualities
- Very strong personality, 'large character', assertive, positive manager, driven to achieve, very focused on project aims.
- Excellent communicator/listener, with hands on 'see it and do it yourself' style.
- From initial broad objectives, able to quickly assess what is required and implemented. Ability to implement changes to procedures and culture.
- Management of teams, warehouse/logistics important but management experience is key.
- Stock management/mail order is less important than common sense/intelligence.
- Experience of change culture management
Duration: 4 - 6 months
Start date: 1st of November
Daily Rate: £350 - £450 plus expenses
If you are suitable, available and an interim manager registered with us, please email me:
- A short synopsis of yourself (assignment targeted profile and bullet points of relevant experience, 10 to 20 lines)
- An up to date CV
- Minimum daily rate
- Contact details of two referees