Interim Regeneration Project Manager Ref: PHS9085.
Organisation: Borough Council
Requires: Two Interim Regeneration Project Managers
Overview: These roles are not related to construction management. There may be construction related roles later in the programme. Rather these roles are intended to provide an immediate and significant extra resource to the Council to help existing staff clear the log jam of preliminaries such as securing landowners agreements, preparing for compulsory purchase, instructing specialist advisers in relation to technical issues e.g. traffic impact assessments and generally scheduling tasks and chasing progress to deliver the essential components of our major projects on time and to budget.
Reporting to: Project Lead Heads of Service with no direct line management of staff, except shared management of Personal Assistant
- To project manage the implementation of each Project, ensuring that all permissions, land purchases/exchanges and developer agreements are in place
- To advise the Project Leader on the risks and priorities, the actions needed and the best allocation of resources
- To contribute to the coordinating work of the Regeneration Partnership Group and the Regeneration co-ordination Team as necessary
- To inject extra staffing support to the Project Leaders and their teams in order to achieve the early delivery of these projects.
- To lobby and negotiate on these projects with partners, applicants and agencies as necessary
- In respect of Project 1, to prioritise the early delivery all the transport infrastructure including the major road junction, the park and ride facility, the community stadium and the necessary land purchases and exchanges
- In respect of Project 2, to prioritise the early delivery of all the transport infrastructure, including the revisions to the major roundabout and the Historic Core Zone proposals, new/replacement car parking, the new bus interchange and the necessary land purchases and exchanges
- To jointly line manage and support the Personal Assistant
- Project manager with previous experience of the development process and planning system
- Experience of successfully delivering complex multi faceted regeneration or redevelopment schemes
- Used to working in a political environment, dealing with joint ventures, media and property development
- "Team player" with excellent man management and communication skills
Location: East of England.
Duration: Project 1 = 3 - 6 months, Project 2 = 9 -12 months
Start date: ASAP
Daily Rate: £400 - £500 + expenses. Higher rates would be considered for the ideal candidate
Regeneration Project Manager
If you are suitable, available and an interim manager registered with us, please email me:
- A short synopsis of yourself (assignment targeted profile and bullet points of relevant experience, 10 to 20 lines)
- An up to date CV
- Minimum daily rate
- Contact details of two referees