Interim IT Project Manager Ref: PHS9096.
Requires: Interim IT Project Manager - SRS and FIS
Background: The University is implementing two major critical corporate applications - one being the Student Record System, the other being the Financial Information System. Both systems are being implemented within one overall project which has been running for eighteen months under the current project manager. It is imperative that the very best project management processes and procedures are followed in order to minimise the University's exposure to risk. The University is committed to implementing Phase 1 by October and currently the project is on plan.
Purpose: To drive forward the project to a successful conclusion.
Reporting to: Director of Information Services and responsible for six directs.
- Maintain a clear project management methodology, project management structures, processes and procedures to ensure best practice project management. Create the appropriate documentation to ensure that all stakeholders are clear about standards, roles, procedures and processes
- Identify, liaise with and co-ordinate all internal and external stakeholders as necessary to identify all of the tasks of the project
- Define all tasks and activities necessary to complete the project in its entirety
- Accurately estimate time, cost and resource needed to fulfil each task of the project
- Produce accurate comprehensive project plans with logical work breakdown structures, so that accurate time, cost and resource profiles can be produced for any part of the project and for the whole project
- Understand and quantify risk for each task, stage and for the whole project and make suitable allowances to plans to account for risks. Also develop contingency arrangements to enable the successful completion of the project when activities may vary from the plan
- Create up-to-date information on project progress concerning task, time, resource, risk and cost and be able to present this in various forms and in various time horizons (original, latest estimate, out-turn).
- Ensure appropriate contact with all stakeholders to ensure that the plan is being followed, and where there is any variance to the plan, ensure that difficulties are quickly identified and corrective action is taken
- Create and manage all reporting processes throughout the project structure to project teams, the project board, internal customers and external suppliers
- Report formally to all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing, using agreed formats
- Any other project or project-related activities consistent with being a Project Manager
- Extensive experience of managing complex IT projects, including package system implementation projects, from start to finish
- A clear track-record of successful project delivery on more than three projects
- People management in relation to project management teams
- Credibility with senior business managers
- Knowledge of project methodologies, processes, procedures, techniques and tools
- Experience of PC packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- Managed at least three projects, each in excess of £1m, from start to finish and achieved a successful conclusion
- Managed project teams, with in excess of 15 direct and indirect reports
- Higher Education experience
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and of similar package applications
- Contract management experience
Duration: 3 to 6 months plus
Start date: ASAP
Daily Rate: £300 - £400 inclusive of expenses. Higher rates would be considered for the ideal candidate.
IT Project Manager
If you are suitable, available and an interim manager registered with us, please email me:
- A short synopsis of yourself (assignment targeted profile and bullet points of relevant experience, 10 to 20 lines)
- An up to date CV
- Minimum daily rate
- Contact details of two referees